[TriLUG] Joomla news posting permissions for all users

David A. Cafaro dac at trilug.org
Mon Apr 16 19:03:28 EDT 2007

Well, for my Joomla site (1.0.x) all that was need was to add the
person to either the Author or Publisher groups in the user control
panel (https://yourjooml.atyoursite.net/administrator/).

If they are an Author they can create articles but can't tag them as
published.

If they are an Editor they can create articles, edit other articles,
but can't publish.

If they are a Publisher they can do all the above and publish them.

-David