[TriLUG] Suggestions for mail hosting.

Brian Daniels bitmage at bellsouth.net
Thu Apr 19 21:39:53 EDT 2007

On Fri, Apr 20, 2007 at 11:22:48AM +1000, Jeremy Portzer wrote:
> Brian Daniels wrote:
> >http://www.pobox.com/chromeless/user_agreement.html
> >"The customer shall not transmit or receive any threatening, harassing,
> >libelous or obscene material. The Customer shall not transmit or receive
> >any material which is deemed illegal by any local, state, federal, or
> >international law."
> >
> Sounds like silly lawyer boilerplate.  I wouldn't worry about it too
> much myself.  Though if you find a service with a more enlightened ToS
> that would be interesting to hear about...

Oh, I realize that it's boilerplate.  I just was hoping from your experience
that they had more clue.  Creating a user agreement that every user will violate
just by receiving spam is not impressive.  If you don't intend to enforce it,
then take the language out.

I've pointed this out to their support.  It'll be interesting to see how they
respond...

--Brian

--
Be it thy course to busy giddy minds
With foreign quarrels; that action, hence borne out,

Brian Daniels                  bitmage at bellsouth.net
      http://www.eviloverlord.net