[TriLUG] Follow-up: why do you run multiple distros?

Chris Bullock cgbullock at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 20 09:46:08 EDT 2007

I use RHEL on about 20 servers cause my vendor requires that.  I run
CentOS on about 8 servers cause I like the updates from Centos, I run
Debian on 1 server cause that's what my boss made me put on it.  Xubuntu
in my opinion is good for a desktop machine, thats what I am dual booting
on my office laptop.  Not linux, but I run OpenBSD for my firewalls and
VPNs cause they claim its the most secure.  We run mandrake from my days
of liking mandrake over Red Hat, plus at the time Mandrake appeared to be
more user friendly (for the end user.)
Chris