[TriLUG] Re: Network drives died after upgrade to Feisty Fawn

Michael Ham michael at bakedhamgames.net
Mon Apr 23 13:00:17 EDT 2007

Sorry, yes they were Samba shares.  Also, I didn't know this before, but
when I shut down after my first time using 7.04, I got a Samba error
message.  It's been a while, so I am sorry that I don't know exactly what
the message is right now.  Since I am having Samba problems, I think it
would behoove me to have a Samba GUI configuration program.  Is there any
programs for Ubuntu (that work well) to share files and printers?  I'd
rather have it be a stand-alone program rather than a web interface.

Thanks guys.

On 4/22/07, Michael Ham <michael at bakedhamgames.net> wrote:
> Hey guys,  I just upgraded to Ubuntu 7.04 and now my network drives are
> not working correctly.

Can we get a little more detail? Are these Windows (Samba) shares?
NFS? What's serving them?