[TriLUG] [OT] long range WAPs

Greg Brown gwbrown1 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 10:52:19 EDT 2007

Excellent point, Magnus.  The maximum combination of gain and amp for a
point-to-multipoint solution is 6 dbi of antenna gain with a 1 watt
amplifier.

Problem is outdoor 6dbi antennas are uncommon, at least they aren't as
common as 7 dbi antennas.  I use 7dbi antennas and 1 watt amps with enough
signal bleed on my long antenna cables to bring the signal within spec.

Greg