[TriLUG] Feisty was a b*tch of an upgrade

Sean Myers smyers at americanri.com
Wed May 2 11:32:54 EDT 2007

I can't speak for the free drivers, but ATI's fglrx drivers don't
officially have support the 2.6.20 kernel until 8.36:

http://www2.ati.com/drivers/linux/linux_8.36.5.html#184277

The driver version in feisty's repos is 8.34:

http://packages.ubuntu.com/feisty/misc/xorg-driver-fglrx

Here's a wiki page that'll get you set up with the latest fglrx drivers
(yay, we get to build kernel modules!):

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BinaryDriverHowto/ATI

I'm using an X1950GT now, so the ATI drivers are my only option at this
time. While I'm spamming links, here's wiki page of the free Radeon driver:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/RadeonDriver

--
Sean Myers
System Administrator