[TriLUG] Feisty was a b*tch of an upgrade

Andrew C. Oliver acoliver at buni.org
Wed May 2 12:01:06 EDT 2007

Yeah I did get it working.  I don't know what went wrong that I couldn't
get them installed w/o clean install.  I didn't do anything different.
I suspect something stuck a bad SO somewhere.  I was aware of everything
you mention below.  I just wanted to warn people "Feisty is not the same
upgrade as Edgy if you have ATI"...  I had previously/continue using the
proprietary drivers.  In part because the Feisty installer no longer
seems to recognize my card and does not put a compatible w/free drivers
device string in the Xorg.conf.

BTW anyone get the ATI Catalyst control center to meaningfully work?  I
can change resolutions but nothing else seems to have a meaningful
effect (esp the dual monitor part).

-Andy