[TriLUG] hackfest for Sugar?

Tanner Lovelace clubjuggler at gmail.com
Wed May 23 11:22:38 EDT 2007

On 5/22/07, Cristóbal Palmer <cristobalpalmer at gmail.com> wrote:
> OLPC hackfest, anyone?
>
> I'm interested in sponsoring/organizing/hosting a Sugar hackfest.
> Sugar is the GUI for the OLPC. Where/when this happens is totally
> based on who responds. This doesn't have to be a TriLUG thing, but it
> would be great if TriLUGers would come forward to help out. We had a
> TriLUG meeting on OLPC (thanks to gregdek) that was pretty
> well-attended, so I don't think that's too unreasonable. If you think
> you're in a particularly good position to make this come off well,
> please do stand up. I won't be offended at all if somebody takes this
> out of my hands.
>
> We could even have more than one location at the same time, connected
> via teleconference or somesuch. Space on the UNC campus would be
> really easy for me to arrange, and I'm sure we can get space both in
> Raleigh and in the park.
>
> So... reply to the list or to me. Who's in?

Sounds like the Hacking Society - http://www.hackingsociety.org/
More info on what that is here - http://www.hackingsociety.org/whatisit/
And, there is precedent for a LUG sponsoring a chapter.  See
http://www.svlug.org/events/hacksoc.shtml

So, pick a restaurant with a big table and wifi and have at it?
Sounds fun to me! :-)

Cheers,
Tanner
--