[TriLUG] hackfest for Sugar?

Cristóbal Palmer cristobalpalmer at gmail.com
Tue May 22 20:11:27 EDT 2007

OLPC hackfest, anyone?

I'm interested in sponsoring/organizing/hosting a Sugar hackfest.
Sugar is the GUI for the OLPC. Where/when this happens is totally
based on who responds. This doesn't have to be a TriLUG thing, but it
would be great if TriLUGers would come forward to help out. We had a
TriLUG meeting on OLPC (thanks to gregdek) that was pretty
well-attended, so I don't think that's too unreasonable. If you think
you're in a particularly good position to make this come off well,
please do stand up. I won't be offended at all if somebody takes this
out of my hands.

We could even have more than one location at the same time, connected
via teleconference or somesuch. Space on the UNC campus would be
really easy for me to arrange, and I'm sure we can get space both in
Raleigh and in the park.

So... reply to the list or to me. Who's in?

If you're wondering what inspired me, look here:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4285568518538296189

Also, have a look here:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Getting_involved_in_OLPC#Ways_to_Help

--