[TriLUG] The Direction of TriLUG

Tanner Lovelace clubjuggler at gmail.com
Thu May 24 16:07:01 EDT 2007

On 5/24/07, Ron Joffe <rjoffe at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Suggestion:
>
> Hold monthly meetings at one of a number of rotating facilities. These
> facilities would allow more members to access the meetings without long
> commutes.
>
> I personally haven't made it to a meeting since it was moved from RTP to
> Centenial campus.
>
> I realize there are infrastructure issues.

Ron,

I hate to disagree, but that's a horrible idea.  As soon as you start rotating
the meetings, people start wondering where it is and attendance goes down.
TriLUG has benefited greatly by having a *STABLE* meeting time and location.

Now, that said, TriLUG could sponsor smaller meetings at different times
in different locations around the Triangle.  As long as it's "in addition" to
and not "instead of" the regular monthly meeting, TriLUG won't suffer
from the lack of stability.

Tanner

--
Tanner Lovelace