[TriLUG] The Direction of TriLUG

Tanner Lovelace clubjuggler at gmail.com
Thu May 24 16:10:13 EDT 2007

On 5/24/07, Mike Shaw <mdshaw89 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/24/07, Ron Joffe <rjoffe at yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> > Suggestion:
> >
> > Hold monthly meetings at one of a number of rotating facilities. These
> > facilities would allow more members to access the meetings without long
> > commutes.
> >
> > I personally haven't made it to a meeting since it was moved from RTP to
> > Centenial campus.
> >
> > I realize there are infrastructure issues.
> >
> > Ron
>

> I agree with Ron on this one - getting from "the Park" to Centenial campus
> by 7p is a PITA!!!

And yet, many more people have.  When we were in RTP, we averaged 40-70
people/meeting.  Since we've moved to Red Hat, we've averaged 80-120 people
per meeting.  A lot of that is because the meeting room is that much bigger.
Yes, I agree it is quite a ways away from places like Chapel Hill and from that
standpoint a meeting place in RTP would be better, but actually
finding a location
is a VERY difficult task.  TriLUG needs an EXTREMELY stable meeting location
that can hold up to 150 people these days and those aren't that available. We
are very lucky to have our current space.  (Thanks very much to Jason Tower
for arranging it.)

Cheers,
Tanner

--