[TriLUG] The Direction of TriLUG

Kevin Otte nivex at nivex.net
Thu May 24 17:03:09 EDT 2007

On Thu, May 24, 2007 at 04:55:39PM -0400, David McDowell wrote:
> We record the meetings now iirc.  I don't know the open source
> technology besides maybe icecast, and if RH and/or our colo would let
> the bandwidth be consumed, but since this idea of multiple meeting
> places exist, is there a demand for LIVE webcast of the audio... and
> even more, audio/video of the meetings?  either restrict to members
> who can login, OR open to the world so even someone in Australia could
> tune in if desired.  *shrugs* just a brain dump of a possibility
> brought up in the past.

We're using Asterisk to both record and "broadcast" the meetings.  Since
it's a phone system, you have to "dial-in" as opposed to clicking a
Shoutcast style link, but the facilities are already there.

The instructions are at:
http://www.trilug.org/pipermail/trilug/Week-of-Mon-20060306/040980.html

This URL is also stored as the 'voip' factoid in the bot.  If anyone would
like to test their setup well in advance of a meeting, let me know so we can
work something out.

--
Kevin Otte, N8VNR
nivex at nivex.net
http://www.nivex.net/

-=-

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."
-- George Santayana

"It seems no one reads Santayana anymore."
-- Cdr. Susan Ivanova, Babylon 5