[TriLUG] The direction of Trilug

Magnus magnus at trilug.org
Fri May 25 08:39:25 EDT 2007

J.C. Jones wrote:
> So there is more than one discussion group associated with Trilug? Where
> do you get information about this one???

Use any irc client software, point it at any of the Freenode network
servers (http://freenode.net/ for info on the service and how to use
Freenode services).  Then join channel #trilug and enjoy.

#trilug is a live chat unlike the mailing list.  Sometimes we talk about
Linux, sometimes we talk about things that have nothing to do with Linux.

When the steering@ discussion looked like it was going to turn into a
long one, instead of mailbombing the trilug@ list, some of us took it to
#trilug where much of the steering committee can be found during the day
and we were able to have rapid exchanges of (at first) grievances and
(later) ideas.  I think such a discussion would have died in the crib if
it were carried on trilug at .

Tons more info at
http://www.trilug.org/wiki/index.php/Frequently_Asked_Questions

Did you know TriLUG has its own instant messaging server, too?  That's
right.  It uses the Jabber protocol so there is a lot of flexibility in
what client you can use and how you use it (limiting Jabber to the role
of "instant messaging" sort of understates its capabilities).

--
"Showing off is the fool's idea of glory." - Bruce Lee's observations of
people at TriLUG meetings who won't shut up and let the guest speaker talk