[TriLUG] The Direction of TriLUG

Chess Griffin chess at chessgriffin.com
Thu May 24 15:39:40 EDT 2007

Tanner Lovelace wrote:

> Matt,
>
> Thank you very much for starting the discussion.  One thing I would
> love to see is more membership involvement.  Unfortunately, this seems
> to be a perennial problem.  Most people are content to just sit back and
> be fed content.  I don't know what the answer is to this, but perhaps through
> this discussion we as a group can come up with some ideas.
>
> Some things I'll throw out that I think would be good for the LUG are the
> following:
>
> - Smaller, more frequent events.  Not to take the place of our monthly meeting,
> but to supplement it.  The LUG has been blessed/cursed with phenomenal
> growth in the past few years.  Unfortunately this has paradoxically meant
> that there are fewer opportunities to get involved.  People see big events
> and think that small events aren't worth TriLUG's time!  I'd love to see smaller
> events like lunches or hacking sessions or open source labs that people
> could go to and get to know other trilug members and hopefully foster
> a better sense of community.

Hi everyone --

Been lurking, but wanted to pick up on this point.

My wife and I have two small kids and we both have extremely hectic
jobs.  Thus, I have only made it to a small handful of monthly meetings.
  I would _love_ for there to be semi-regular lunches around town.  I
don't really know anyone in the LUG and would very much like to meet
folks.  The monthly meetings in the evening are usually just too hard
for me to get to, but I'm all about lunch meetings.  :-)

Chess

--
Chess Griffin
GPG Key:  0x0C7558C3