[TriLUG] OT: 17" CRT monitors for donation to non-profit

Brian McCullough bdmc at bdmcc-us.com
Thu May 31 11:47:40 EDT 2007

On Thu, May 31, 2007 at 11:08:01AM -0400, Mark Turner wrote:
> Jeremy Portzer wrote:
> > If the other suggestions don't work out, I'd recommend you contact the
> > Triangle United Way, specifically their "Teaming for Technology"

Mark, and anybody else who is interested,

I finally dug through my "shopping bag" from the Raleigh CTS last week (
was it that recent? ), and found her card.

I had a nice chat with Michelle Gonzales ( 463-5027 ), and told her that
I would mention T4T to some of my friends.  You may use my name, she
_may_ remember it, but an actual contact may resolve some of these
questions.  ( She is also mlgonzales at unitedwaytriangle.org. )  They are
particularly interested in voluteers who can help with the hardware
resurrection, which is why I mentioned the idea of an installFest.

We didn't actually discuss what is put onto these machines before
delivery, so Linux may not be rejected.

Brian