[TriLUG] OT: 17" CRT monitors for donation to non-profit

jonc at nc.rr.com jonc at nc.rr.com
Thu May 31 12:09:43 EDT 2007

I've worked with them (Teaming for Technology) in the past. They have a
*lot* of donated software from MS. They prefer to use MS simply because
they have it and its what the average employer asks for.

They don't mind Linux on the server side at some of their sites -
especially since it is more secure - but the install has to be
self-sustaining with simple tools to management.

On the whole these guys are pretty good - just bureaucratic enough to
get donations from Large Corps - but not so bureaucratic that nothing
gets done with those donations.

The more you volunteer to help out with the Hardware you drop off, the
faster that hardware will find its way into good use.

BTW: I've also worked with the Durham Goodwill site. Those guys rock!
They run Linux internally and let their students install linux on their
PC's. Their lab workstations run windows but attach to Linux servers...

Take care - Jon