[TriLUG] The TriLUG Discussion List

Magnus magnus at trilug.org
Fri Jun 1 12:42:16 EDT 2007

Allen Freeman wrote:
> I don't mind being the fly in the ointment here. What practical use
> does having a steering committee truly serve in the first place? What
> identified need is being filled by having a layer of bureaucracy?
>
> *dons asbestos longjohns* let the flames commence.

When the SC is working at full capacity, it does quite a lot for the
LUG, actually.

As a 501(c)(3) the LUG is obligated to have such a committee.  Check out
the Articles of Incorporation and the Bylaws, which are on the web site.

I think that a lot of the duties of the SC have been reduced over the
years, some to the detriment of the LUG, but the SC is still quite
important to the continued success of the LUG.