[TriLUG] SSH on Fedora 7 question

Matt Pusateri mpusateri at wickedtrails.com
Tue Jun 5 09:29:16 EDT 2007

Are you connecting via ip address or hostname (Host
'xxxxxx.dyndns.org')?  Is the IP in your known_hosts file?  Has the IP
of your dyndns.org host recently changed.   You may just want to verify
your key off the server, delete the entry from your known_hosts file and
then when you reconnect verify and accept the key.    I would expect
that if you were getting some hostname ip mismatch that you would get a
different error, such as the man in the middle attack message since the
IP/Hostname wouldn't match your known_hosts.  Also are the perms right
on your known_hosts, are you somehow having trouble writing the IP into
known_hosts b/c of a permissions issue?

Matt P.