[TriLUG] [OT]Machine room environmental controls

Lee elfick at mac.com
Tue Jun 5 10:05:14 EDT 2007

I have a small Sanyo AC unit cooling my single rack computer/telco
closet. It is basically just a small central AC type system... Fan,
controller, and coils in a small wall mounted unit with compressor
and everything else on a the pad outside with the other AC units. I
wouldn't recommend the unit I have as it isn't specifically designed
for a server room/closet and doesn't restart on power outages, but
I'm sure you could find something similar to fit your needs. They
don't require vents or direct access since the coolant is the only
thing that is piped just like standard central AC. We got ours from
Bryant heating and air, but any competent heat/AC company should be
able to find something for you.
-Lee