[TriLUG] More on the X11 wrong authentication message

Andrew Perrin clists at perrin.socsci.unc.edu
Mon Jun 11 10:24:00 EDT 2007

The message I wrote about earlier today appears to be related to CUPS.
Specifically, it appears on ssh-based root window(s) of the machine that
seeks to be a *client* to a CUPS printer. For example, when I type:

aperrin at perrin:~$ lpr /etc/motd

This appears on the root window for perrin:

(note two errors for each attempt.)

The jobs are also not printing, but sending postscript direct to the
printer port works fine.

Andrew J Perrin - andrew_perrin (at) unc.edu - http://perrin.socsci.unc.edu
Assistant Professor of Sociology; Book Review Editor, _Social Forces_
University of North Carolina - CB#3210, Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3210 USA
New Book: http://www.press.uchicago.edu/cgi-bin/hfs.cgi/00/178592.ctl