[TriLUG] OT: TIME WARNER ANNOUNCES INTRODUCTION OF PACKET SHAPING TECHNOLOGY NATIONWIDE

Magnus magnus at trilug.org
Mon Jun 11 10:43:21 EDT 2007

bak wrote:
> Shorter TWC: "We advertise our premium service as 8Mbps.  However, we
> reserve the right to not give you that if we feel like it, or to
> arbitrarily give you less based on rules which you are not allowed to know."

Funny thing is, the difference between 5Mbps and 8Mbps seems very small
if all you're doing is web surfing and email.  These big ISP's have
marketed their services as being the gateway to movies and music.  Which
usually means P2P.  What good is that 8Mbps pipe if all you can use it
for is web & email?  What about this music & movie business they lured
us in with?