[TriLUG] AJAX [Fwd: [Juglist] !!!REMINDER!!!]

Christopher L Merrill chris at webperformance.com
Mon Jun 18 12:27:04 EDT 2007

Tanner Lovelace wrote:
> Andy, out of curiosity, what does this do to their attendence?
> I would tend to think it would depress it.

I attended the meetings for many years...never once heard a complaint.
You can pay $5 at a time or a yearly (reduced) payment.  I don't
attend these days due to time constraints.  I received benefits from
the group/meetings that would surpass a lifetime membership, so for
any professional, I can't imagine the cost being a barrier.

Attendance has waned, but I think that's primarily because Java is
mature - not as new and exciting as it once was.  There are dozens
of good on-line resources on any Java sub-topic you can imagine.
EVERYONE is doing some Java now.  When Linux gets 50% of the desktop
market, I would not be suprised to see the same thing happen.

just my 2c

chris at webperformance.com                |  http://webperformance.com
919-433-1762                            |  919-845-7601

Website Load Testing and Stress Testing Software & Services