[TriLUG] opening port 6667 on Feisty

Brian McCullough bdmc at bdmcc-us.com
Tue Jun 19 11:36:01 EDT 2007

On Tue, Jun 19, 2007 at 11:25:39AM -0400, Warren Myers wrote:
> I *was* looking at iptables last night.. but didn't make any headway on that
> count
>
> is there a different firewall to look at?

I was actually thinking of the "GUI thing" ( controlling IPTables ) in
the Administration menu, but no, I don't think that there is another
firewall.

However, as I understand, this is an "internal" machine, and you are
trying to reach it from others on the same internal network, correct?
Even if you are ultimately trying to use it across The Network, you
could try doing the equivalent of your netstat command from a second
machine, using nmap.  See what another machine sees.

Brian