[TriLUG] having trouble getting wpa setup

Kevin J. mrkevinj at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 24 18:58:13 EDT 2007

I run Kubuntu on my laptop and it picks up every wireless network/protocol it comes in contact with. Your only limitation might be in the driver for your wireless card. If you're not running *ubuntu you may want to try a live cd of any one of them and give it a try first. If it picks up your card and a WPA(2) network then you're probably good to go.

I have a a/b/g card built-in so I'm not sure about the "b" aspect being an issue, but as a/b/g are layer 1 technology, I don't think it would make any difference as most APs talk to all three.

Kevin