[TriLUG] looking for wifi client gui

Joseph Mack NA3T jmack at wm7d.net
Fri Jul 13 20:03:41 EDT 2007

I connect to a lot of different wifi networks and need
reconfigure my machine for each one (I have a wireless.conf
file that I uncomment appropriate lines). This is a bit of a
pain and requires me to at least know the SSID. Is there
anything like windows or mac where I click on a gui and
connect (and if I have the keys stored, they will be found)?

I've found wifi-radar (which I haven't yet installed). I've
also seen mention of ubuntu's network-admin, but I haven't
found the source to download yet.

I use multiple cards and the networks can be open, wep or
wpa. Curently I'm using different scripts for wep and wpa
since I haven't got my old b cards to work under
wpa_supplicant (at least yet).

I expect that I'll plug in the card, have udev load the
driver and then click on the gui to select the network I
want.

Thanks Joe