[TriLUG] READ CAREFULLY: August 15, 2007 TriLUG **Chapel Hill** Meeting - Linux Video Editing w/ Joey Carr

Tanner Lovelace clubjuggler at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 16:13:47 EDT 2007

On 7/31/07, Cristóbal Palmer <cristobalpalmer at gmail.com> wrote:
> Originally we had scheduled for 16:00, but we talked with the
> presenter and pushed it back for precisely the reason you note.
> Unfortunately 18:00 was as late as we could start for several reasons.
> Fortunately this is the first such event we're having this year, so
> we're not settled into a time/place/etc and can take such feedback
> into account next time. Furthermore, this was intended as a complement
> to standard TriLUG meetings and as such it seems appropriate to have
> different venue, time, day, etc. to reach a wider audience. 18:00 is
> actually fairly _late_ for many would-be attendees who work on campus,
> for example.

Well, here I think you need to decide who you're targeting.  If it's
UNC people only, then 4pm is reasonable, but I wouldn't suggest
that be put under the TriLUG banner because it wouldn't be possible
for most of the LUG members.  6pm is better, but as I said, I think
it will cut participation from people on the other side of the Triangle.

While I really like our current meeting facilities, I actually think our
previous location was MUCH better for the majority of LUG members
since it was much more central to the triangle area.  I'd really love
to see more TriLUG events happen in a central location like the RTP
area where we could draw from both sides of the Triangle.

> If you or others are interested in helping facilitate
> more/better/other events under the TriLUG banner, I suggest you join
> us for a session at BarCampRDU that can tackle precisely that.

Just don't schedule it opposite my "Learn to Juggle" session. :-)

Cheers,
Tanner
--
Tanner Lovelace