[TriLUG] looking for advice for physically small PC for router, dhcpd/named, firewall

Jason Faulkner jason at oldos.org
Thu Aug 2 22:18:22 EDT 2007

> Something is fishy there.  There is probably a lot of room for
> optimization in your firewall rule set.  I've had older versions of
> OpenBSD (less efficient pf) on lesser hardware doing better throughput
> than that.  You ought to be able to squeeze a lot more out of the rule set.

I can't find the link now, but there was an article talking about how
the sis driver in openbsd (for the nics embedded in the soekris)
required too many interrupts to function well. Our CPU would be like
15% utilized for system, 85% interrupts. This is running with pf
disabled.

--
Jason Faulkner
http://oldos.org