[TriLUG] Ubuntu + prism54usb problem

Shane O. shaneodonnell at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 17:19:14 EDT 2007

All -

I've ventured into the Ubuntu world for the first time and it's not as
dark and scary as I'd suspected.  Not quite anyway...

I've got a USR 5422 802.11g USB adapter that's more than a little
flaky.  Typical behavior is that it comes up and works fine, then
after betwee 30 seconds and five minutes it stops communicating.  I've
seen a variety of log messages associated, including "No ProbeResp
from AP".

Google hasn't been much help on this.  Anyone got any ideas?  I've
tried lots of stuff, but not in any soft of scientific fashion, so I
can't tell you what combinations I've tried.  This is on Feisty Fawn
7.07.

Answers of "go get a better WiFi NIC" are acceptable but not unanticipated.

Shane O.

--
Shane O.
========