[TriLUG] Code of Conduct

Warren Myers volcimaster at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 11:55:49 EDT 2007

Right, and so when said disagreements happen, delete the message, or take it
to the person individually. This isn't complicated.

And, unless something is horribly wrong in my parsing of the CoC: "When you
disagree, consult others. Disagreements, both political and technical,
happen all the time and the TriLUG community is no exception. The important
goal is not to avoid disagreements or differing views but to resolve them
constructively. You should turn to the community and to the community
process to seek advice and to resolve disagreements." - it sounds like
differences of opinion mostly.

Differences of opinions are what makes a horse race, and it's what makes an
interesting community.. generally.

If this is something that *does* become codified, I'd probably leave because
if, as [relatively] responsible adults we can't either a) ignore people we
don't like, or b) talk to them directly... the CoC isn't going to do
anything constructive.

Based on the general responses I've seen just in the past couple hours, I'm
pretty sure I'm not alone in my dislike of trying to put up a CoC, and that
there seem to be a bunch of other people on here who, like myself, *can* hit
the delete button.

WMM

On 8/13/07, Tanner Lovelace <clubjuggler at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 8/13/07, Warren Myers <volcimaster at gmail.com> wrote:
> > If it really bothers you that some people
> > are opinionated differently from you, and you can't figure out how to
> get
> > along, or filter their messages into the trash, then maybe you should
> > consider leaving.
>
> Please, stop misrepresenting this.  This is *not* about differences of
> opinion.  The CoC makes it explicit that disagreements will happen and
> that it does not seek to regulate them.  This is about being considerate
> and respectful, something this thread could sadly use. :-(
>
> Tanner
>
> --
> Tanner Lovelace
> clubjuggler at gmail dot com
> http://wtl.wayfarer.org/
> (fieldless) In fess two roundels in pale, a billet fesswise and an
> increscent, all sable.

http://warrenmyers.com
"God may not play dice with the universe, but something strange is going on
with the prime numbers." --Paul Erdős
"It's not possible. We are the type of people who have everything in our
favor going against us." --Ben Jarhvi, Short Circuit 2