[TriLUG] Trilug Code of Conduct

Scott Chilcote scottchilcote at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 14 09:21:11 EDT 2007

Greg Brown wrote:
> If you are taking ONE vote in ONE location and ONE time this CoC is NOT
> ratified by the TriLUG membership.  Not at all.  Some of us can't make it to
> meetings on Thursday nights and if you miss this vote your voice as a member
> of TriLUG hasn't only not been heard it has been completely ignored.
>
> What happens when the members of TriLUG think the steering committee has run
> amok?  What do the members do then?
>
> Greg

I think that most of us on the list agree that TriLUG needs to be
conducted (or "Konducted" if that's preferred) in accordance with some
set of rules.  I hope that's not too big of a reach.

In the ten years since I joined, the TriLUG Steering Committee itself
has been elected via the process of people taking themselves to one of
the meetings and then voting.  Nothing's perfect, but this seems to have
been effective and broadly accepted by the organization.

Now, for this one issue, you say that you can't use the voting process
and that any result it produces is therefore invalid for the organization.

Why did you wait until now to spring this on TriLUG?  How retroactive do
you want to make the invalidations?

Just curious.

--
Scott C.