[TriLUG] Trilug Code of Conduct

Greg Brown gwbrown1 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 09:40:11 EDT 2007

> Now, for this one issue, you say that you can't use the voting process
> and that any result it produces is therefore invalid for the organization.
>
> Why did you wait until now to spring this on TriLUG?  How retroactive do
> you want to make the invalidations?
>
> Just curious.

Well this is nothing new, people have talked about not being able to make
the meetings in the past but never has a vote of this magnitude take place
hence some people are going to feel as if their voices are unheard in this
vote.

This particular vote is a real shift in principal for the entire group, in
my humble opinion.  Years ago the delta between the size of TriLUG the list
and TriLUG the group that met in RTP wasn't as large.  Maybe TriLUG the list
has gotten too large and it is no longer representative of TriLUG the group
that meets at RedHat.  Maybe the two are different and steps need to be
taken to bring the two TriLUG components closer together.  If that is the
case I view the CoC is the first step in that process.