[TriLUG] Trilug Code of Conduct ---STOP

stan briggs stanbriggs at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 11:23:36 EDT 2007

jcj,

i concur. and thank for your clearheadedness and succinctness.

stan

On 8/14/07, J.C. Jones <jonesjc at intrex.net> wrote:

> Matt, Cristobal, and all --
>
> Let's go back to the beginning.
>
> 1. Matt & Cristobal attended a session on Community-building at
> BarCampRDU in  which some principles of healthy groups were articulated.
> 2  Matt & Cristobal identified an area of Trilug's organization that
> needed to be addressed to make Trilug match the organizational model
> used in the presentation.
> 3. Matt ( possibly with help from Cristobal and others ) adopted the
> Ubuntu code of conduct as a policy for Trilug ( to be voted on by members
> ).
> 4. Then the free for all began.
>
> Question:
> 1. how many have read the code of conduct on Trilug's web page?
> 2. how many have found a section that makes their head explode?
> 3. how many have submitted revisions to the section that they think is
> badly worded, inappropriate for Trilug, or whatever the reason?
>
> I for one have not read much past the first paragraph. I will by the end
> of the day have read it and I hope that if it makes my head explode, I
> will pick up the pieces, reassemble said head, and submit something.
>
> I apologize for any of my earlier remarks about the code of conduct,
> etc. It is SO easy to just jump in and frail away :-)
>
> Thanks for reading.
>
> jcj
>
> --
> Visit my weblog at: http://www.wendellgeek.com/weblog/
>
> Webmaster for:
> http://www.raleighchurchofchrist.org
> http://www.wendellgeek.com
> http://www.tuftux.com
> http://www.slowpossum.com
> http://www.dabeak.com

Stan B. Briggs
+1-919-414-9513
the oBoJ Foundation is the open source community coming together for the
benefit of society. our events and work are for the purpose of raising
awareness, raising funds, and performing activities for good causes.
participation is open to all who wish to support worthwhile public causes.
www.oBoJ.org