[TriLUG] Ohio Linux Fest

Warren Myers volcimaster at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 15:35:51 EDT 2007

MAN!! I wish I could take the extra couple days off from work to join the
partay!

WMM

On 9/13/07, Catherine Devlin <catherine.devlin at gmail.com> wrote:

> You guys are absolutely amazing, y'know that?
>
> Do the OLF organizers know about this yet?  It seems like... like this
> trip would make a cool story for some techie magazine, a geekumentary
> filmed with webcams, or at least a post on the OLF blog, or something.
> How would you feel about contacting the OLF folks and giving them a
> chance to publicize it?  This just seems like too much fun not to let
> geekdom know.  I don't know exactly what I'm thinking, just that it
> cries out for something commemorative.
>
> The original message didn't have a URL for the group blog - can you
> share it?  I want to read!
>
> Can't wait to see you there!
>
> When that Septembre, with hise shoures soote,
> The droghte of August hat perced to the roote...
> Thanne longen geekes to goon on pilgrimages
> And penguinne-louvres for to seken straunge distros
>
> Er, um, yeah.
> --
> - Catherine
> http://catherinedevlin.blogspot.com/
>
> > > Zenoss (my employer) is willing to rent and pay for the van and give
> up to
> > > 12 people a ride to the Ohio Linux Fest. I was thinking we could
> outfit the
> > > van with roving wi-fi and we could blog and podcast from Raleigh to
> Columbus
> > > for the event. We could promote the road rally as part of our effort
> > > support free software.
> > >
> > > So here's the deal I would give anyone who wants a ride to OLF and
> probably
> > > even buy lunch on a day or two. We would leave Thursday come back on
> Sunday.
> > > I would love someone to help me hack a router/EVDO combo so we could
> run a
> > > wifi access point from the van and blog, surf, etc. on the way up. I
> am
> > > going to put up a group blog for the participants to blog about the
> SFRR. I
> > > thought we would post our route and try to spread the word and
> encourage
> > > people to meet us on the way.
>
> --
> - Catherine
> http://catherinedevlin.blogspot.com/

http://warrenmyers.com
"God may not play dice with the universe, but something strange is going on
with the prime numbers." --Paul Erdős
"It's not possible. We are the type of people who have everything in our
favor going against us." --Ben Jarhvi, Short Circuit 2