[TriLUG] serial to ethernet converter

James Brigman jbrigman at nc.rr.com
Sat Sep 15 13:03:14 EDT 2007

On Sat, 2007-09-15 at 12:34 -0400, Jason Tower wrote:
> i need to get some industrial equipment (cnc lathes, milling machines, turning
> centers, etc) hooked up to a lan.  however, most of them are fairly old and the
> only communications medium is serial.  can anyone recommend a serial to ethernet
> converter product?

Jason -  FYI: the Axis 2940 has been replaced with this product:

http://www.axis.com/products/dev_83p/index.htm

And if you need it in an SBC you can incorporate into another case:

http://www.axis.com/products/dev_82p/index.htm

But NewEgg lists it as available...

I've seen NewEgg advertise the older product but supply the newer
product, so it might be worth a call to see if they have the 83+. The 83
+ unit adds a USB port.

Please note Axis uses Linux as their core O/S...

JKB