[TriLUG] OT Humor (at least to me)

William Sutton william at trilug.org
Fri Sep 28 17:13:43 EDT 2007

Not to be a damper on things but it's easy to say, not so easy to do.
1. Companies that do things like this learn really easy how to build a CYA
file so that the person reporting them looks bad.
2. If you do go ahead and make a bad report about them, it may come back
to haunt you when you interview for a new job.
3. If you actually sue them, #2 can be even worse for finding a new job.

It stinks.  It really does.  IMVHO, your best bet is to just move on.

William Sutton

On Fri, 28 Sep 2007, Cristóbal Palmer wrote:

> On 9/28/07, jason watts <jsnthegod at hotmail.com> wrote:
> After a month and a half of that, I found a security job.

I can understand why you personally wouldn't want to, but I would hope
that people would carefully document abuse like that and report it
appropriately. Companies that do things like that should NOT be
allowed to continue getting away with it. Places to report: BBB,
clients, a civil rights lawyer, the local newspaper....

Cheers,
--
Cristóbal M. Palmer
celebrating 15 years of sunsite/metalab/ibiblio: