[TriLUG] Myth TV - need some pointers

Don Jerman djerman at pobox.com
Mon Oct 1 12:54:15 EDT 2007

On 9/30/07, bidwell <bidwell at dead-city.org> wrote:
> Magnus wrote:
> > bidwell wrote:
> >>   ASUS M2NPV-VM AM2 NVIDIA GeForce 6150 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
> >> http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16813131014
> >
> > I've got this system board in my main workstation at home and I love it.

> So far it's working great for me.  I wouldn't hesitate to get another
> one.

lm_sensors seems to work for me with Gentoo - I can run fancontrol and
get it to be completely silent - but I am a little suspicious that I
always seem to be running at 40C.  I dropped in a BE-2350 (at 45W) and
1G, 2 500G SATA drives and a SATA dvdrw drive - the loudest things are
the hard drives (even with their acousitc controls turned up) and the
dvd motor.  But the dvd only runs for rip and record.

It's a cool system but my myth box is still getting the occasional
lockup on mythfrontend.  I've got 2 haup. 500's tuning 4 channels, and
the backend is recording fine (so fast that I'm concerned about the
job queue not catching up).  I suspect my trouble is either pci bus
contention, something missing from xorg setup or problems with
scheduling the drives.  I've got xvmc working for decoding, so
mythfrontend is taking 10% cpu or less, but something's confusing it,
and the only thing in the frontend log is "timed out waiting for a
free video buffer".  Any suggestions, or could one of you successful
folks with this board share an xorg.conf?