[TriLUG] Mass e-mail marketing software?

Christopher L Merrill chris at webperformance.com
Thu Oct 4 16:17:37 EDT 2007

Tim Jowers wrote:
> Might also be worth a look at SugarCRM, tigercrm et al. These are very nice
> sales process management apps and might include newsletters. That's where
> I'd start.

Just as another datapoint, we tried SugarCRM for several months.  We
found, in general, that it is a lousy piece of software - from a usability
standpoint.  In addition, a large number of the features they listed
for doing sales process management and e-mail marketing simply did not
work.  In addition the support was horrible.  We would open issues and
they would simply close them as fixed when they were not fixed.

We were customers of both their software and their hosted service. We
eventually demanded a full refund.

Chris

chris at webperformance.com                |  http://webperformance.com
919-433-1762                            |  919-845-7601

Website Load Testing and Stress Testing Software & Services