[TriLUG] grep'ing for multiple targets

Andrew Ball anball at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 12:51:13 EDT 2007

egrep is just like grep except that it allows for some more sophisticated
(or at least expressive) regular expressions (extended regular expressions)

I've never heard of fgrep before -- looks like it matches any of a list of
plain old strings.  I've never needed or used it though (fgrep). :-)

Peace,
Andrew