[TriLUG] Selecting a stable video card

Neil L. Little nllittle at embarqmail.com
Sun Oct 28 16:37:48 EDT 2007

I am building my first dedicated Linux system and am trying to determine
what video card chipset to go with. This system will not be a gaming machine
but I do expect to play a few from time to time.

Some more information:
- Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000
- MoBo: ASUS M2N-E-SLI

My initial intention was to go with an Nvida 7600 GT which seemed to be a
good middle of the road selection but checking with the forums there appear
to be some driver issues with this chipset.

Can someone suggest a chipset/card/manufactuer what will be good middle
of the road selection that does not have driver issues?

73,
Neil Little, WA4AZL
JARS Forever!!