[TriLUG] Senior Linux/Unix Administrator Role w/ Growing Organization

Erica Langdon elangdon at ccesearch.com
Thu Nov 8 09:16:45 EST 2007

Good morning,

Erica Langdon here at Carlyle & Conlan. I hope this message finds you
well! We are presently engaged on a search for a Senior Systems
Administrator for a client located here in RTP, NC. Thanks for reviewing
the following description and letting me know if it elicits thoughts
about those in the industry you feel we should contact, you are helping
both my clients and your professional circle, and please know that any
and all referrals will be treated with the utmost of courtesy,
confidentiality, and professionalism.

Our client, a growing e-commerce company, is looking for a Senior
Systems Administrator with Debian/Linux experience.   The selected
candidate will be responsible for supporting of all the company IT
infrastructure systems, applications, and support devices including
maintenance and records/licensing keeping for all devices.   This role
offers tremendous growth potential and the opportunity to have a direct
impact to the bottom line.

The  selected candidate will take the lead on building out the server
farm in the Raleigh location as well as manage the technology and
security infrastructure of the company.  The selected candidate will
also be responsible for the following; assisting in building out the
server farm, improving and maintaining firewall and security
infrastructure; maintaining all laptops and desktops; performing system
backups on infrastructure servers, assembly and troubleshooting hardware
and software problems for all IT equipment; maintaining security of all
systems; and maintaining Company Headquarters LAN.

To be qualified for this role you must have:

*	Strong knowledge of all Linux Operating Systems (Debian strongly
preferred) and Linux software applications
*	Experience supporting SAAS applications
*	Experience in server farm maintenance, upkeep of logs, and
redundancy
*	Apache and PHP support experience
*	Experience supporting and developing Linux- based remote client
terminals
*	Knowledge of current/emerging technologies and trends
*	Prior experience working for e-commerce organization is highly
preferred
*	Experience in flash, SOAP/XML, nagios, MRTG, perl, C/C++/VB
programming, HTML/DHTML experience is preferred
*	Oracle (RDBMS) experience preferred

Key Competencies:

*	Strategic and analytical thinker with the confidence to advise
and counsel others
*	Ability to interact with all levels of management, customers,
and staff in professional and diplomatic manner
*	Strategic analytical thinker with the confidence to advise and
counsel others
*	Ability to lead process and organizational improvements
*	Excellent team development and people management skills
*	Strong client relationship management skills, interpersonal and
teamwork skills, communication skills, and integrity
*	Excellent written and verbal communication skills

Kind Regards,

Erica Langdon

Director of Technology

Carlyle & Conlan