[TriLUG] WPA Encryption in Ubuntu

Nick Goldwater trilug at dogstar1.com
Thu Nov 8 20:26:35 EST 2007

I had (have) issues with my T42p wireless. Below is example wpa_supplicant.conf

ap_scan=1

network={
        scan_ssid=1
        ssid="your id"
        proto=WPA RSN
        key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
        pairwise=CCMP TKIP
        group=CCMP TKIP
        priority=your integer here
        psk=your hash here
}

/etc/network/interfaces

auto lo
iface lo inet loopback
address 127.0.0.1
netmask 255.0.0.0
auto ath0
iface ath0 inet dhcp
pre-up wpa_supplicant -Bw -Dnadwifi -iath0 -c/etc/wpa_supplicant.conf
post-down killall -q qpa_supplicant
iface eth0 inet dhcp
auto eth0

Make sure you have the mods.  lsmod | grep wlan

wpa_cli is cool too.

Hope that helps.

Nick