[TriLUG] TWCNC in Durham alternatives [WAS: time warner business class]

James Tuttle jjtuttle at trilug.org
Tue Nov 27 17:08:05 EST 2007

Brian Henning wrote:
> On that note, anyone in the area subscribe to the residential "Turbo" RR
> service?  I do, and have never seen as much as 5mbps on this supposedly
> [best-effort] 8mbps line..  The customer service representative (located
> in Canada) could not escalate my service call since my traceroute RTTs
> were within spec (and wasn't prepared to understand that round-trip time
> has only marginal relation to bandwidth).
>
> I'm eager for alternatives.  This is, of course, residential class and
> not business class, and I'd like, if possible, to stay in the
> residential $50 price-range.
>
> ~Brian

No, but we are on the 'Lite' package and still seem to get the regular
~4.5 Mbps speeds.  Also, I have to say that my TWC service has been
great.  No downtime to speak of and no crap.  I wish my upload speeds
were better.  I think I get something between 356 and 384.  Could (and
has with others) be worse.

Jim

---Jim Tuttle