[TriLUG] LVM planning help

Ken Mink ken.mink at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 13:36:38 EST 2007

I've got multiple drives in my Myth box. I partitioned the drives so
that I've got mirrored /boot and /root. Then I've got lvm holding the
rest of the two drives as one large logical volume. That space is used
for /myth, which holds all the video. Since it's just television, I am
not worried that if I lose a drive I lose the contents of the file
system. However, I did want the redundancy for the rest of the system
so that I could recover the machine fairly quickly.

Ken