[TriLUG] latest ubuntu updates killed my wireless

James Tuttle jjtuttle at trilug.org
Sun Dec 23 20:09:37 EST 2007

I guess I'd be looking for some evidence that your NIC is really not
being recognized by the whole system rather than just NetworkManager.

What does lspci show?  How about ifconfig or iwconfig?  And cat
/etc/network/interfaces?  You probably know that for NetworkManager to
manage a NIC it shouldn't be configured in the interfaces file.

Jim

Douglas A. Whitfield wrote:
> Here's some more information that might help someone help me:
>

> *03:00.0 Ethernet controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM4401-B0 100Base-TX
> (rev 02)*
>

> I think my culprit is
>
> linux-image-2.6.22-14-generic (2.6.22-14.46) to 2.6.22-14.47
>
> I thought that was the case, but Cristobal confirmed for me.
>
> If someone can get back to me ASAP that would be great, since I've got
> access to Internet for a limited time.  I just want to make sure the
> dependencies aren't screwed up if I revert linux-image-*
>
> Thanks!

---Jim Tuttle