[TriLUG] latest ubuntu updates killed my wireless

whitdoug at email.unc.edu whitdoug at email.unc.edu
Sun Dec 23 23:14:43 EST 2007

on another machine at the moment, which means no cut and paste, but in
ifconfig I get eth0, but no eth1.  iwconfig says no wireless
extensions for lo and eth0.

I do, however, have Network Controller: Intel Corporation PRO/Wireless
3945ABG showing up in lpsci.  I seem to have missed that in my earlier
post.  Sorry about posting out of thread, btw, but I was in a rush.

I'm not exactly sure what the /etc/network/interfaces should look
like.  I had an eth0 in it and then added an eth1 to see what would
happen....nothing did.  I then took out both of them to see what would
happen...and nothing did.  So, not sure where to go from there

Thanks for the help!