[TriLUG] wordpress weirdness: getting feeds instead of posts

Cristóbal Palmer cristobalpalmer at gmail.com
Thu Dec 27 10:08:19 EST 2007

FOUND IT!

cmpalmer at garp:/usr/share/wordpress$ sudo a2dismod disk_cache
Module disk_cache disabled; run /etc/init.d/apache2 force-reload to
fully disable.
cmpalmer at garp:/usr/share/wordpress$ sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 force-reload
 * Reloading web server config apache2
16781
   ...done.
cmpalmer at garp:/usr/share/wordpress$

That fixed it. disk_cache seems to mess with Wordpress! odd! I should
have remembered that I'd enabled that. :/

Thanks for prompting me to retrace my steps, Jim. :)

Cheers,
CMP

On Dec 27, 2007 5:30 AM, James Tuttle <jjtuttle at trilug.org> wrote:
> This is a total guess, but I wonder if something changed in either your
> Apache2 config file or the .htaccess at the wordpress root involving
> mod_rewrite since you're using Apache to rewrite custom URLs.  Even
> this: http://pebkac.homelinux.net/index.php yields a live bookmark.  Odd.
>
> Jim

That's one tree I barked up, yes.

Maybe somebody can tell me if I missed something? Here:

cmpalmer at garp:/etc/apache2/mods-enabled$ ls rewrite.load
rewrite.load

The module is loaded, the htaccess is a symlink...

cmpalmer at garp:/usr/share/wordpress$ ls -alh .htaccess
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 23 2007-12-23 22:26 .htaccess -> /etc/wordpress/htaccess

...which looks right. And if we look at the contents:

cmpalmer at garp:/usr/share/wordpress$ less /etc/wordpress/htaccess
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
</IfModule>

/etc/wordpress/htaccess (END)

*that* also looks right... AHA!

--
Cristóbal M. Palmer
celebrating 15 years of sunsite/metalab/ibiblio: