[TriLUG] Linksys long in the tooth?

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Tue Jan 15 17:33:00 EST 2008

Alan Porter wrote:
>  > I couldn't get to someone who could talk intelligently about
>  > the problem (once I "admitted" that power cycling "fixed" it,
>  > they didn't want to talk to me any further).
>
> Yep... there's nothing like a period overseas to remind you that
> customer service in the US-of-A is not so bad after all.
>
> I assume you meant Aussie support.

Well it was routed to India like anywhere else.  Actually my experience
has been that local Australian support, when available, is just as good
or often better than in the US.  But every large company is routing to
India (or Malaysia or similar) for Level 1 support of this type.  The
fact that I happened to be calling from Australia is irrelevant and
probably not even noticed.

--Jeremy