[TriLUG] Advice on an ultra-light notebook

Kevin J. mrkevinj at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 17 13:38:01 EST 2008

Folks can just walk up and "check out" a $2300 laptop?? I assume you require a statement in blood or something similar (e.g., car title, rights to first born, etc.)

Kevin

James Tuttle <jjtuttle at trilug.org> wrote: We have a bunch of Lenovo X60's at the NCSU Libraries that people can
check out.  I guess that probably wouldn't help you, but the NCSU
Bookstore also usually has the latest Thinkpads and tablets that you can
play with.  You know, in case you haven't had the chance to play with one.

Jim

Andrew Perrin wrote:
> Thanks, all, for advice on this. I'm considering backing off for a while
> to let the Macbook Air come on the market and see how it does -- and also
> whether I can afford the price tag. If not, I will probably go for a
> Lenovo X61, which seems like a good balance of features, price, and
> weight. I'm intrigued by the touch-screen, too.
>
> Andy

> Andrew J Perrin - andrew_perrin (at) unc.edu - http://perrin.socsci.unc.edu
> Associate Professor of Sociology; Book Review Editor, _Social Forces_
> University of North Carolina - CB#3210, Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3210 USA

---Jim Tuttle