[TriLUG] Posting complaint about company ...?

Matt Pusateri mpusateri at wickedtrails.com
Thu Jan 24 09:50:48 EST 2008

Carl Crider wrote:
> Hey everyone,
>
>  I would like to warn people about dealing with a certain local company.
> However, what are the rules concerning this? It's a case of fraudulent
> behavior on their part, and it is software-related.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Carl

If I felt strongly about it, I would say something to the effect of:

I've recently done business with company xyz, we had issues that may or
may not have been our fault :)  If you are doing or thinking of doing
business with them and would like to gain the wisdom of our experience,
please contact me off list.

In this manner you haven't slandered them at all, but you have tipped
people off.  Also I doubt I'd discuss too much with people I don't know,
and I'd probably only ever do it verbally(Maybe it's just the Italian in
me). :)

IANAL

Matt P.