[TriLUG] What filesystem would you use for a laptop?

Brian Henning Brian.Henning at datadirect.com
Fri Jan 25 10:02:25 EST 2008

Datapoint regarding suspend-to-RAM (standby) or suspend-to-disk
(hibernate):

Granted, I haven't poked at it in an awful long time; it could be fixed
by now..  but my Lenovo Thinkpad T60P doesn't play nice when standing-by
or hibernating in Linux; the SATA device doesn't restart when the
machine resumes, so hard disk access doesn't work.

I've found that not being able to access the hard drive can negatively
impact productivity...

YMMV, IANAL, TANSTAAFL, ITEOTWAWKI (AIFF).

~B